You should take this workshop if you have experience programming in R and want to learn how to take advantage of the amazing breadth and depth of R Markdown. If you are unsure if this workshop is right for you, take a look at the following questions and see how comfortable you feel answering “yes” to them:
- Do you know how to make first, second, and third-level headings using Markdown syntax?
- Do you know how to use Markdown syntax to create links or make bulleted/numbered lists?
- Do you know how to use Markdown syntax to format text in italics or bold?
If you do not, we strongly recommend that you either:
- Do you know how to insert code chunks to include R code and output in an R Markdown file?
- Do you know how to knit an R Markdown file to HTML or a PDF?
- Do you know what chunk labels and options are? Have you ever set global chunk options in an R Markdown document?
- Do you know what YAML is, and why/how to edit the YAML header in an R Markdown document?
If you feel ready and have not registered yet, there are still some spots left.